beauty resolutions

(via)

visit a dermatologist to get this 30-year old acne under control

discover (and stick to!) a skincare regimen that works

find my signature scent, toss the rest

not pick at my pimples (hopefully won’t be an issue – see resolution #1)

experiment with eye makeup and learn to confidently craft a few different looks

maybe take a makeup class?

master the at-home manicure

drink more water!

take my vitamins

work on my horrendous posture

what are some of yours?

This entry was posted in lara. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Comments to beauty resolutions

1. Sasha says:

I’m with you on the adult acne resolution! Craziness that my skin looks like a teenagers these days :) Happy New Year, Lara!

~Sasha

the worst! i’ve actually gotten it really clear using drugstore products and the acne.org regimen. i might post on it soon!

2. Hogger & Co. says:

Hahaha, I straightened up my posture after reading that one. :)
    I also would like to clear up my 30 year old skin. Would love to try that Clarisonic thingimibob.

my posture is awful! my yoga teacher taught me to tuck my chin back and it straightens everything up (plus it’s easier/more comfortable than throwing your shoulders back). definitely try the clarisonic in 2012!!

3. kimberlyloc says:

great goals, lara! taking a makeup class would be really fun. definitely in line with one of my resolutions, to be more adventurous with hair and makeup. i’m also getting back on the vitamin train. trying a great system from eminence to keep my mid-20s skin clear, too! here’s a link to my 2012 beauty goals. cheers to a gorgeous new year!

xo
    kim

love your list! i really want to try to take a makeup class. i am so lacking in those skills and think it would be a blast :)

4. Trishelle says:

Lara, going to my derm was the best thing I EVER did for myself. I’m 26 and was just SICK of my adult acne too! Might take a while to find the exact product combo that works best for you, but once you do it will be the best thing. My combo is Aczone during the day and Tazorac at night time. I must have tried 6 different perscription creams till this finally worked for me. Also, I take 500 mg cephalexin once a day too (it fights off bacteria) and that helped my skin ALOT. Goodluck!

that’s so good to know! i need to just bite the bullet and make an appointment. thanks for sharing your experience and the tip on being patient – i’m the worst at that :)

5. Katalina says:

Posture is a must for me as well! I have been on a hot yoga kick for a few months that is really helping me be more aware of my posture.

i am yet to be brave enough to try hot yoga. sometimes my teacher will crank up the heat and it throws me off my game so quickly – maybe i should add bikram to my 2012 resolutions!

6. Lara says:

I admire your resolutions! (To be honest, I haven’t thought of any for myself!)

Also, I love the fact that your name is also Lara! Not too many of us out there!

i thought if i blogged them, it might hold me a bit more responsible :) and i’m so happy to meet a fellow lara! it’s a rare name like you said – and i have to say, i absolutely love it.

7. Leigh says:

I’m with you on the adult acne and posture. Proactive and the Acne.org routines work if I use them consistently, but I’m a beauty blogger and I like to try out new things and then there goes my skin. I’m sure you know what I mean :). And I’ve always had terrible posture which is something I need to work on asap!

Take a makeup class you’ll have so much fun! I’ve taken loads, but am always excited to take a new one they’re a blast. Happy New Year Lara!

yes of course! i’m using proactiv and the acne.org routine to get things under control, but i’m sure once i get brave and start testing new things again, all hell will break loose :) oh well! at least i know the cause of it. so happy to hear the makeup class endorsement! i have to say that’s the resolution i’m most looking forward to :) happy new year!!

8. Jill says:

http://www.cherylinc.com — She’s had over 25 years experience clearing up acne. She’s does a great job, and can help you locally or from a distance. Check her out!

9. Pingback: beauty resolutions check in | the glossarie: a pretty little beauty blog