i cannot even begin to tell you how long i have been on the hunt for the holy grail of sunscreens. here is my (brief and totally reasonable) list of demands:
- it must go on super smoothly like a body lotion (i.e. must be easy to apply)
- it must not be sticky (at all)
- it must be water resistent
- it must have an spf higher than 15 (i am too fair for my own good)
- it must be oil free and preferably lightweight
is that so much to ask?
apparently not, because kiehl’s has delivered on every single one of the above and far surpassed my expectations. it feels like heaven when i put it on, making applying spf a joy instead of a chore. the sleek bottle looks oh-so-good coming out of my beach tote, but it’s the way that my skin feels when i wear it – soft and moisturized, to die for – that really makes me want to sing. it’s also very subtly scented so i don’t need to smell like a coconut to protect myself from the elements. too many good reasons to count! you need this summer essential for the remainder of your beach and pool days.
kiehl’s activated sun protector sunscreen for body spf 50 is available here for $23.