white hot nails

white nailswhite hot nails

i cannot get enough of the simple chicness of the white nail trend. yes, at first it reminded me of the days when i used to paint my nails in white out (yes, i was the girl painting her nails with white out during study hall…then drawing flowers on them with a sharpie. what can i say? it was the pre-teen nail art of the 90’s.), but i have overcome my own white nail prejudices and i’m totally loving the trend. there is something so impossibly elegant about the finished look and i’m extra excited to wear it when i’ve got a bit more a sunkissed glow going. thankfully the brands are on board, and you can score white nail polish at both the department store and the drugstore:

essie marshmallow, $8
revlon spirit (on my nails, above), $4.79
deborah lippmann, $17

will you try it?

This entry was posted in nails and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Comments to white hot nails

1. Holly says:

Totally just did this for a vacation to FL. I saw it on Pinterest and really liked it a lot. I say do it for summer!

2. I am really loving the look of white nails. And you have the best nail beds (weirdest compliment ever). I may have to give Marshmallow a whirl….
    xo,
    Lindsey

3. Amanda says:

I love this! I also painted my nails with white out and drew flowers with a sharpie… it was the 90’s and 100% acceptable…

4. Karen says:

Glad to know I was not the only girl growing up who used to use whiteout to paint my nails. Marshmallow looks like it wouldn’t be too stark so I am going to give it a go.

haha apparently a lot of us were doing the white out mani – i have to think that those chemicals are far worse than any that can be found in typical polishes today :)

5. diana says:

Love the white nails! I wore Essie marshmallow a lot last year, but I recently discovered Essie instant hot. It’s a white with the tiniest hint of pink, and I’m really liking it, unfortunately it’s not that easy to find.

just googled essie instant hot and it’s GORGEOUS! i might have to try to track one down…

• Diana says:

I love it! I first saw it on a blog and had to track it down too! I was able to find it at Nordstrom.com and amazon :)