bubblegum tips

2014-02-01 16.06.03

katy perry wore the sweetest candy pink manicure to the grammys and i haven’t been able to get it out of my head. rumor has it that her nail artist layered covergirl outlast natural blush over forever fawn to do the job. i fell in love with its understated elegance that went perfectly with her frothy valentino music gown.

i recreated the look (correction: the fine people at mani nails on w 37th in nyc recreated the look) with a bit more punch using essie chastity. i struggled to find the right pink, but once i landed on chastity’s pure cotton candy goodness, i knew it was the right call.

my pink katy perry-inspired nails are making me so happy this morning, even as it dumps snow on all of new york, and even after i had to break my cardinal rule of not entering macy’s herald square under any circumstances last night (to buy snow boots – ugh).

wishing you a fab monday, beauties! also – just for fun – what’s on your nails?

This entry was posted in nails and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Comments to bubblegum tips

1. Jennifer says:

For my nails I usually keep it simple and love Essie’s Mademoiselle. It looks clean and polished. But I do love to wear a great red every so often.

2. Wendy H says:

Pink manicures do lift the spirits- great color!
    Why avoid Macy’s Herald Sq?

so glad you agree! the flagship macy’s just tends to be a spectacle – but i will say that i had a pretty streamlined experience, so maybe i will change my tune :)

3. I have been doing gels which is so unlike me. But my guy picked this awesome sparkly chocolate that I am LOVING. They have to come off soon and I almost hate to see them go. But maybe I need a cheerful pink – you’ve inspired me!

4. Christina says:

chanel rose cache hits that perfect nude-pink sweet spot.

5. oh this reminds me of one of the YSL spring shades I’ve been eyeing! I was in nyc last week too haha. Bloomingdales in soho would be my shopping pick haha.

i’m sorry i missed you in nyc! i *try* not to shop too much when i’m there, but i usually can’t resist the sale room at anthro in rockefeller center (followed by a magnolia cupcake) :)

• hehe i’m pleased they opened more locations of magnolia in the last few years. in any event, i was pretty restrained too. At some point, we will have to meet if we’re ever in the same place at the same time hehe!

6. Alison says:

Oh man, 34th St Macy’s is just the WORST. Hope you got some cute snow boots :)