i am always thrilled to find beauty products that really work, and when they not only work but they are budget-friendly to boot, i consider that the ultimate win. neutrogena’s triple moisture deep recovery hair mask is the newest addition to my collection of drugstore favorites. just a small scoop of this ultra luxe (yet, surprisingly cheap) cream once-weekly has revamped my summer sun-damaged tresses. it smells amazing, leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft, and gives me that fresh-from-the-salon feeling. while i’ll always love my living proof restore mask, this was a lovely little discovery (if not solely for the purposes of my bank account) and definitely an effective alternative. if summer was way harsh on your hair, i’m thinking that you should treat yourself to some therapy of the neutrogena variety!
- neutrogena oil-free acne wash pink grapefruit facial cleanser – a great daily cleanser that has a refreshing scent and doesn’t dry out skin
- jergens natural glow daily face moisturizer – an old favorite, to moisturize and add a little glow
- laura mercier tinted moisturizer oil-free in nude – lightweight, moisturizing, provides smooth coverage, and has spf
- covergirl cg smoothers concealer in light – another one of my go-to’s for years now, perfect for dark under-eye circles and other trouble spots
- cg smoothers pressed powder in translucent light – it might seem old school, but i find just a touch of pressed powder on my forehead and cheeks keeps me oil-free throughout the day
- i typically opt for a swipe of black liner on my upper lids. right now i’ve been switching between an old favorite, covergirl perfect pointplus eyeliner in black onyx, a newer favorite, nars soft touch shadow pencil in empire, and my latest obsession, bobbi brown’s long-wear gel eyeliner in caviar ink
- maybelline ‘the falsies’ volum’ express in black drama – the curved brush allows me to plump up my lashes to max capacity
- smashbox bronze lights in sunkissed matte – looking orange is one of my top beauty fears, so i love how easy it is to layer this subtle bronzer to get just the right amount of pigment
- nars the multiple in orgasm – a classic. shimmery and universally flattering, it makes me look awake and glowy (even when i’m not feeling so awake and glowy)
- thebalm ‘mary lou manizer’ highlighting powder – perfect for the finishing touches – a dab of this highlighter on my brow and cheekbones makes for a luminous, bright-eyed look
there’s a new love in my life! neutrogena’s healthy lengths mascara has brought the bambi bigness back to my lashes and at a price i can get used to. the formula lengthens and strengthens wrapping your lashes in rice protein for beautiful nourishment and the brush is amazing (although i had my doubts at first glance!). it leaves not-a-one clump or flake and easily sweeps on drama of the long and thick variety. as for color, i highly recommend the carbon black – it gives that deep, inky look that defines the eye, almost giving the impression that i’m wearing liner. this mascara makes a noticeable difference to the entire face and i am totally wowed.
i just love a good drugstore find, don’t you?!