best in beauty: oscars 2012

oscars 2012 best in beauty

the red carpet royalty brought some very good face last night. from the nails, which seemed to be either vampy dark (almost black) or completely nude (clear polish was everywhere!) to the malibu barbie waves on stacy keibler, to that signature pink lip on michelle williams – i was in high beauty heaven.

i’m giving best face to jessica chastain who was stunning in a fierce cat eye, tousled pinned-half-back hair, and even her essie mani in berry hard. she looked absolutely beautiful. nods to natalie portman for her 50’s inspired look and milla jovovich for those red lips and pink blush, as well.

best hair goes to the mara sisters who could not have been more uniquely different. rooney slayed in her structural bang and bun, and kate went for a softer look in her messy side-do and sparkly adornments.

my favorite manicure (and cocktail bling!) was on the mitts of kristen wiig who sported chanel’s black satin to offset her nude dress. kind of makes me crave black nails all over again.

what did you think of the looks last night? any favorites that i missed?

This entry was posted in another pretty face, mixed bag and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Comments to best in beauty: oscars 2012

1. Johanna says:

I wondered if the Mara sisters were indeed related. Thank you for solving one of life’s great mysteries for me!

2. Madison says:

Portman looked soooo amazing!! Love this post.

Madison

3. I loved Penelope Cruz’s retro hairstyle and I thought J. Lo was all dewy gorgeousness. Plus I kind of love that she rocked a top knot!

j. lo looked flawless as always – the woman is so gorgeous. penelope’s coif was definitely retro – so different for her! but i loved them both as well.

4. Chrissy says:

Jessica Chastain was my favorite beauty/hair wise of the night! Not crazy about her dress though!

-Chrissy

aww, so happy you agree with me on jessica’s beauty! i really loved her dress, but she would look amazing in anything :)

5. you KNOW Jessica Chastain just stole the show in that dress!! I was swooning!

i agree, megan! i thought she looked incredible and i found her to be so likable + adorable on the red carpet in her interviews, too.

6. nikkie g says:

Great commentary Lara! I’m in the market to buy a new curling iron… any suggestions?