have you ever been to a twitter party? i took part in my first one last week with the simple skincare simple advisory board, their brand ambassadors and what felt like, oh, one thousand other skincare enthusiasts from everywhere under the sun. simple kept the conversation going during each segment of the one-hour party by putting their various experts behind the wheel and having them answer questions from participants. the conversation was super engaging and informative – imagine hundreds and hundreds of girls sharing skincare tips and getting advice on their routines. It was a blast!
i walked away with so many great tips that i wanted to share some of the highlights with you.
from fitness expert, kacy duke:
- we all know that exercise is good for your body, but did you know that it’s also good for your skin? sweat cleanses your body of toxins and leaves behind a dewy glow. if that’s not incentive to get out for my afternoon run today, I don’t know what is!
from nutritionist, ellie krieger:
- you can eat your way to beautiful, healthy skin by noshing on brightly colored veggies like tomatoes, carrots, and squash
- fish is great for your skin and complexion, but if seafood isn’t your thing, you can get those omega-3’s from walnuts, flaxseed, and dark green leafy veggies like kale
- next to water, tea is one of the best things for your skin because of all the antioxidants
- if you struggle with your skin, try avoiding processed foods, especially refined sugars and white flours
from dermatologist, dr. debra luftman:
- the correct way to apply facial moisturizer is in a circular, upward motion
- the best way to wash your face is to use your hands (not a washcloth) and lukewarm water. rinse no more than two times
- exfoliating is important for gently lifting dead skin, causing skin to look brighter and more evenly textured. dr. luftman recommends exfoliating 1-2 times per week, along with your regular skincare routine.
from makeup artist, gita bass:
- the *it* color for summer lips is orange! (i’m partial to bareminerals moxie lipstick in go the distance, a gorgeous tangerine)
- simple’s revitalizing eye roll on is just the ticket for getting eyes to look less tired
- mineral makeup is the perfect solution for oily skin in the summer
from psychiatrist, dr. josie howard:
- stress impacts skin in a big way (especially those of us who are sensitive), so taking time for yourself makes a difference inside and out
and this is just the tip of the iceberg. you can review the whole information-packed conversation here, and then prepare for the gorgeous skin that is sure to result from implementing just a few of these nuggets of wisdom!