this or that: drugstore dry shampoo

this or that: dry shampoo (drugstore edition)
here at the glossarie, we’ve done our fair share of research on dry shampoos (lara swears by oscar blandi and oribe), and lately i’ve been looking for bargain-friendly alternatives to my go-to use of johnson’s baby powder. while johnson’s absorbs oil really effectively, i find myself fighting the baby scent. there’s also the challenge that if you go too heavy on the application you can end up with a george washington wig-type situation and, let’s be honest, i’d rather run around with greasy roots.
the brands above provide a refreshing restart to second (and third!) day locks. i prefer the fresh, clean scent of dove’s brand over not your mother’s, but both get the job done with no residue or heaviness.

this: not your mother’s clean freak refreshing dry shampoo, $5.99
that: dove refresh + care invigorating dry shampoo, $4.89
do you have a go-to drugstore dry shampoo? if so, please share your secret!

This entry was posted in hair and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Comments to this or that: drugstore dry shampoo

1. Kate says:

I have to be honest and say I haven’t found a drug store dry shampoo I love.

it’s definitely a tricky product to get right, but it can make a huge difference once you find the right formula.

2. Love NYM products so much! Great breakdown!

3. Juliana says:

I’ve been searching for a dry shampoo for a while now, but didn’t know where to start! Thanks for suggesting those brands! I’ll definitely try them out!

let me know what you think if you give them a try! dry shampoo is a GREAT time saver. i don’t know what i did without it ;)

4. Liz says:

i also swear buy oscar blandi and i have tried a ton of options. lately my local tj maxx has had biosilk refresh dry shampoo and i picked some up for $4, i lucked out since its even cheaper than the drugstore!

5. I have repurchased Not Your Mothers about 10 times now. One of the best drugstore dry shampoos Ive ever tried…soooo fresh and clean smelling.

6. I tell you Lara, whenever I need or am considering a new product I only buy what you recommend. I’ll be getting one of these (whichever one my drugstore carries) because I’ve been desperately looking for a good dry shampoo. Thanks!

7. Danie Nordahl says:

I’ve tried TONS of drugstore dry shampoos. It’s a product I use so often that I wanted to find one that I have easy access to (local CVS) and cheap. Dove is my absolute favorite for smell, it sprays on really light, blends easily, gives texture, volume, and oil absorption. If I can’t get my hands on the Dove one, I love NYM’s and Psssssst’s, for the same reasons I just listed.

xo,
    Danie

i have GOT to try psssst! it’s on my list for sure. thanks for weighing in – i love getting different opinions!