bareminerals bareskin pure brightening serum foundation

bareminerals bareskin

the blogosphere has been abuzz with the release of bareminerals’ newest foundation, bareskin – and with good reason, because it’s amazing.

i was a huge skeptic about the promises being thrown around with this product. the concept is truly unique and i really had to get outside of my own head and forget everything i thought i knew about foundation before giving it a solid test.

the formula here can best be described as a lightweight, tinted serum – and you only need 2-4 tiny drops of it to cover your entire face. after shaking the bottle up extra good, i like to start with two drops and work from the center of my face outward, blending away uneven skin tone and imperfections. depending on the day, i can add an extra drop or two if needed – but the coverage that this stuff achieves with 1/16th of the amount of product that i normally use is pretty mind-blowing.

to apply, i have been using the perfecting face brush, but you could really use any brush to get the job done. (i just might not recommend a traditional flat foundation brush, and definitely not your fingers.) this foundation takes to my skin like a dream and it is undetectable both to me (meaning that i can’t even feel it) and, i would imagine, to anyone who sees me throughout the day.

the finish is natural and dewy and it wears impressively well for being so lightweight. the formula is free of oil, fragrance, parabens, and silicone so it’s extremely skin-friendly on top of being pretty. i really think that this is one you’ve got to try to believe – and i realize that it may not be for everyone. (oilier skins may especially not get along well with this concept.) if you’re intrigued, hop along to sephora or a bareminerals boutique and settle in for an application. i think you’ll be very impressed.

bareminerals bareskin pure brightening serum foundation, $29 >

This entry was posted in editorial sample, face, foundation and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Comments to bareminerals bareskin pure brightening serum foundation

1. Hayley says:

i love bare minerals but i dont really like the sound of not using my fingers. i dont really like applying my foundation with a brush, i find that it doesnt blend in very well.

still might look into this foundation though because i love the brand.

Hayley

you could maybe use your fingers, some sephora reviewers said that they had no trouble – i just think because the foundation is so liquid’y it might not go on smoothly. definitely let me know if you try it!

2. Abby says:

I have been wanting to try this foundation. It sounds amazing and I just need to make the trip to a Sephora to find my shade! Great Post!

thanks, abby! the shade range is great – i kept having to go lighter, so keep that in mind as you test :)

3. Courtney says:

When I run out of my current foundation, I am going to give this a try! I keep hearing such amazing things!

Love&Clothing | Tory Burch Giveaway

4. ame says:

This stuff was a big sad fail for me and I was SO disappointed! I preorded it months before it was out and actually returned it 48 hours later. The colors didn’t work, the formula had zero coverage and it didn’t last on my skin more than about 2 hours. I was so disappointed!

oh no! i’ve certainly had products fail me that others totally raved about – it’s the worst. did you shake it REALLY good? (i’m sure you did, but i found that made a huge difference in performance for me…)

5. Niki says:

I absolutely love this foundation, and the brush is great too!!

yes! such a cool concept – and i definitely see how the finish won’t work for everyone, but i’m a fan :)

6. Pingback: laura mercier smooth finish flawless fluide | the glossarie: a pretty little beauty blog

7. Pingback: glossier phase 1 set | the glossarie: a pretty little beauty blog